Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

2011 really snuck up on me! When I finally realized that Christmas was over with, BAM! I got smacked in the face by the new year.
As such, it took me a while to figure out what my resolutions were going to be. A couple of them are kind of personal and I won't share, but a couple of them I would like to write about, if only briefly.

I have decided to keep a grateful list, writing down one thing I'm grateful for every night until December 31, 2011. I am extremely blessed and I hope that this list will help me appreciate the blessings that I do have.

I have also decided to write a thank you note once a week to someone who has made a difference in my life. I made this resolution when I was sitting in my home ward testimony meeting. I have so many people in my life who have impacted me for the better and helped to mold me into the man that I am today.

Last but not least, I have decided to stop by and visit at least one friend a week. I realized in December how much I have been blessed with wonderful people in my life. I've drifted away from many of them, which is something that I greatly regret. But I hope that by stopping by to visit them I can at least show them how much they mean to me.

So those are my resolutions. There's nothing in there about weight loss (that's a given) or to become a better pianist. These resolutions actually mean something to me and I hope that they will help me become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment